The Harris Corporate IT team is seeing an Infrastructure Specialist to join our Datacenter Services group to design, maintain and improve existing and newly acquired infrastructure environments. You will play a critical role in reviewing new acquisition environments with a goal of identifying and implementing enterprise level best practice solutions and improvements, designing new environments to accommodate new mergers and acquisitions.
You will have the opportunity to work out of our Ottawa, Ontario headquarters, or remotely based on the Eastern Standard Time Zone. Some occasional travel to various Harris office locations could be required. Expect one or two site visits per year
- Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of server and storage hardware to support internal users.
- Hands-on implementation, upgrading, trouble-shooting of server and storage hardware infrastructure
- Lead and/or participate in various projects to plan, design, implement, support and document best practices.
- Define, design and implement server/storage solutions using mixed OS platforms.
- Review new acquisition integrations related to datacenter services responsibilities by attending regular integration meetings and liaising between Integrations and Datacenter teams.
- Document pertinent details of new acquisition environments and recommend best practice solutions as required.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Manage the load configuration of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of datacenter environments.
- Coordinate orders and installation, system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
- Approve action requests and specify purchase requirements. Negotiate and place orders with approved vendors.
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel.
INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST REQUIRED SKILLS
- Exceptional understanding of the requirements needed to design, deploy, manage and maintain complex datacenter environments
- Thorough understanding of VMware and Hyper-V operations and architecture
- Experience with IT Service Management Processes (ITSM) such as Change Management
- Proven ability to liaise with internal customers with the goal of building customer knowledge, review (sometimes taking ownership and/or explain) major outages and trends, and assist in the development of action plans to eliminate future risk
- Some project management for enhanced system solutions and expansions, from design to implementation, may be required
- Accountable for ensuring service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved/exceeded
- Candidate should possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and must operate efficiently and effectively in a very interactive team environment
- Candidate must be able to work independently with occasional extended and/or after hours
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in planning, deploying and troubleshooting datacenter environments
- Basic knowledge of Cloud infrastructure offerings
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or relevant work experience
- Experience with Dell servers and storage solutions
- ITIL Foundations V3 would be considered an asset
- Skills in project planning and execution
- Experience performing security analysis / risk assessments
Harris Job Description
Infrastructure Specialist: (Bachelors Degree) Implements network communications and solutions using the MS / UNIX platform. Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Manages the load configuration of a central data communication processor and makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinates terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requirements. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has internal and some external contacts.
Sr Infrastructure Specialist: (Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years experience) Defines, designs and implements network communications and server solutions using the MS / UNIX platforms. Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Manages the load configuration of a central data communication processor and makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinates terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requirements. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Electrical, Computers
PG:M.Tech in Computers,CS in CS
Bizmatics India Pvt Ltd
Bizmatics India Pvt Ltd Bizmatics, founded in early 2002, provides clinical and business productivity suites and services to healthcare providers. Our first product, PrognoCIS, in the series of solutions we have planned, is an Internet-based enterprise-class Electronic Medical Record (EMR) solution. Accompanied by powerful scheduling module and connectivity with Labs, radiology, fax servers and practice management solutions, PrognoCIS helps clinics to transition into a paperless office. In addition to EMR, Bizmatics also has a Patient Portal solution fully integrated with EMR. Bizmatics headquarters is located in Cupertino, CA and has customers across all over the US. Website: www.prognocis.com
Contact Company:Bizmatics India Pvt Ltd
Address:FLOOR 4TH,4TH,PLOT NO.F-21, OPUS PARK, CENTRAL ROAD,MIDC,ANDHERI EAST,MUMBAI, MUMBAI, Maharashtra, India